Join the Chorale
The Oneida Area Civic Chorale rehearses on Monday evenings from 7 to 9 pm in preparation for our concerts. Due to our large membership, we are not holding open registration at this time. We are currently using a closed pre-registration process to maintain our membership. However, we have established a waiting list. If you are interested in joining the Chorale at some point, please contact our Director, Mark Bunce at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waiting list. Thank you for your interest!
The OACC Board has devised this set of guidelines regarding Chorale singer responsibility for attendance. The purpose of the policy is to ensure that all singers are adequately prepared to perform in concert, but still allow for some flexibility in the event of illness or extenuating circumstances.
1. Singers are asked to miss no more than 25% of rehearsals per concert session, including the dress rehearsal and any make-up sessions. Please keep in mind that rehearsals are 2 hours in length...missing large sections of rehearsal time (coming late, leaving early) can add up to an entire rehearsal missed.
2. If a singer misses 3 rehearsals, he/she will be contacted by the Section Leader and asked his/her intentions regarding the remainder of the session and the concert.
3. Due to situations related to travel, job conflicts, COVID, illness and family crisis, a singer may find it necessary to miss more than 25% of session rehearsals. In this case the singer needs to discuss the situation with the Director. A decision will be made by the Director as to the singer’s status related to adequate preparation for the concert.
4. Each program piece for a given session has professionally developed music tracks available, which are posted on the Chorale website. Singers who miss any rehearsal(s) are requested to review the rehearsal pieces by accessing the website. The rehearsal outline for each rehearsal is emailed to singers in advance of the rehearsal.
5. If a singer misses more than HALF of the rehearsals for any one session, he/she will not be permitted to sing in that concert.
6. Singers need to realize the crucial need to be present for any rehearsals held the week of a concert, particularly the dress rehearsal. Singers who will not be available at these times should discuss this with the Director.
7. A Singer must participate in at least one concert per season to be considered as an active Chorale member and remain on the active email listing. Singers who do not participate in at least one concert per season will be considered as inactive and moved to the Waiting List. Inactive singers will not receive Chorale emails and are not eligible to participate in European tour.
8. Attendance concerns are best addressed OUTSIDE of the rehearsal room by emailing the Director, Mark Bunce.
9. Pre-registered singers should study the rehearsal/performance schedule carefully at the beginning of each concert session. If it is apparent that a singer cannot meet the above guidelines, that singer should withdraw from the concert session, making room for a person on the waiting list to participate.
It is the intention of the OACC Board that these guidelines clarify each singer's role in music preparation. This plan is intended to provide fairness for all singers, and to help ensure the quality performances that have become a Chorale tradition. Thank you for your cooperation.